Housing and Campus Life
We fully understand the importance of the in-person college experience both for first-year students and for students who excel in an in-person learning environment. To accommodate this, UCCS will begin to re-open classrooms, residence halls and other offices to fuel the college experiences of each student.
While we are excited for a return to full normalcy, we are keeping safety at heart. We will observe precautions, as well as implement social distancing measures on campus, while reopening our residence halls for students. We will be following the below guidelines and mitigation strategies to keep you safe. Read through the entirety of this page to learn departmental information and more.
- Limited large-scale, in-person student events such as concerts, speakers and entertainers will be offered only if they meet public health guidelines.
- Students will be allowed to participate in Student Life activities, events, programs, clubs and organizations, and will be provided with health and safety modifications like prescheduling and limited capacity to ensure their health and safety.
- Club travel is currently limited within the local area..
- Student activities, events and meetings may request an exception for food and beverages based on catering and dining capacity. No outside food or beverages will be permitted.
- All in-person activities must adhere to campus, county and state health safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitators and group leaders will disinfect any materials and equipment that participants will be handling.
- In-person student activities and programs will adhere to capacity guidelines. Modeling scenarios with group sizes of 10, 25, and 50+ participants will be created by Student Life to account for location (indoor vs. outdoor), space size, type of activity and ability to ensure appropriate social distancing and health and safety standards.
- All activities should provide accommodations for students who are not able to attend in person.
- RSVPs will be required for activities, programs and club and organizational meetings.
- Staff should plan for the possibility that all in-person events, programming and meetings may change to fully remote at some point in the semester.
Campus Life By Department
Gallogly Recreation Center
Dining and Hospitality Services
Residence Life and Housing
Bookstore and Copy Center
Family Development Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Campus Information By Department